House Projects: Exhaust Fan Timer

I just wanted to share one of my recent home projects. This is very simple, useful, & cheap. I wanted to add a timer to our exhaust fan in our bathroom. A trip to Home Depot and $19 later. I had a timer switch. The install process is very simple and took about 20 minutes from start to finish. The only tools needed are a phillips head screw driver, flat head screw driver, & needle nose pliers. The only mistake I made was assuming that I would need a different face plate. With this kit it actually works with a regular light switch plate. Now instead of leaving our fan running all day, it will only run until the timer runs out. If you do this yourself and run into any questions feel free to ask me. As you may or may not have noticed, you can now chat with me directly on this page using the digsby widget in the right hand column.

No comments: