New Toys

Over the past month I've picked up 3 new toys so I thought I'd share the experience here. The biggest and most expensive is a new Echo String Trimmer. I'm not going to really talk about it (or picture it) because I haven't had much of a chance to test it out. The two other items are the TomTom One XL GPS and the NexStar LX NAS. Both of these items were purchased from TigerDirect.
If you're looking for a GPS, you should really look at the One XL. They're going for about $150 (refurb) and are excelent. Compaired to other GPS units I've used this one is loaded with features, easy to customize, and looks great (huge screen). The routes are done very well and actually are more simple and accurate than other systems I've used.
The NexStar LX is basicly a hard drive enclosure that allows for network connection. It's a pretty solid unit so far that was very simple to set up and use. There are only 2 slight down sides I've found so far and those include: FAT32 file system and accessing the drive by typing into explorer instead of showing as an assignable drive letter.
That's really all for now, I'm transfering all of my music and photos onto the LX as I type this and look forward to the instant wireless access it will provide for these files.

No comments: