2008, the year of good music?

I just wanted to take a moment that for the first time in many years I've been excited about many recent album releases. I'm hoping that this year can continue to provide solid new tunes. For those who may not know what I'm referring to, this year there have been new album releases from Radiohead, Muse, Moby, Counting Crows, The Presidents of the USA, and of course R.E.M. All of these (that I've had the time to enjoy so far) have been very good and well worth the time to take a listen. I actually purchased "Accelerate" from R.E.M. as well as "In Rainbows" from Radiohead in cd format. This is something I haven't done since the last R.E.M. album. I plan on eventually picking up the rest of these. (Don't ask my why Kylie Minogue's new cd cover is in the image. I just couldn't find another cover to include.)

No comments: