Xbox Modding

Ok, so the image isn't quite accurate but it's pretty close. I'm in the process of modding my xbox. When completed I'll be running XBMC (probably skinned to look like the AppleTV). This basically means that I'll be able to watch movies, view photos, listen to music, browse Youtube, listen to Last.fm, get the weather, play games, and more with my original xbox. The next step in the process for me is to set up my network. This may take a bit of time because I'm planning on running wires through the walls from my office to the living room. Once set up I plan on using the xbox quite a bit for everything but watching TV. If you have an old xbox laying around and are interested in doing the same thing with yours, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out. It's a great way to spark life into an old toy that's probably just laying around. I've been reading that many people with 360's still use the old modded xbox and some more than the 360. (Yes I know this is nothing new but it's my first non-chip mod.)

No comments: